Wednesday, April 7, 2010

Conversation between Rohan Thakur and David Paesani

(awkward search for partners)
Rohan: Hey!
David: I kinda know you. We were in the cave together.
Rohan: No you don’t.
David: Haha ok. So tell me, what did you think of Diner Dash?
Rohan: It felt a bit strange being a waitress and serving people and stuff. But gradually, as I got into it, I realized that I prefer these casual games to hardcore games which require your undivided attention at all times. I feel as if not having a social life is a prerequisite to being a hardcore gamer.
David: I don’t necessarily agree with that. Being part of the social culture of a hardcore game makes all other social obligations secondary, but that does not necessarily mean that hardcore gamers have no social life.
Rohan: What kind of hardcore games have you played?
David: I’ve played a lot of games like World of Warcraft, Starcraft… What about you? What kind of games do you play?
Rohan: I prefer the miniclip kind. However, when I do get seriously involved in a game, I find that it’s on a console rather than the PC.
David: I see what you mean. The PC has become more of a personal workstation and since it has all my work on it I tend not to play on it as much. However, a console is purely built for gaming and as a result, it is much easier to get deeply involved in a game on the Xbox or PS3. My uncles have an Xbox and they play Halo all the time and I can see why they would prefer to play on a gaming console.
Rohan: I totally agree with them. Games like Call of Duty are simply more captivating on a large screen rather than a computer screen. Anyway, it’s getting late and I have another class. So should I post this online?
David: That would be great. Thanks.

No comments: